Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Let's make an EP, no problem!

The Studio got to help out a friend in need today.  We took the multiple CD recordings he had and got them compiled on to one cd that he carried out to his car and played as he drove off to his gig for the evening.

It is impressive to me how much we can do, technologically, these days, so fast, and so inexpensively.  Granted one needs a computer, but Mac computers come with so much on them, right out of the box, and add ons to go further with are a reasonable investment, especially considering what it would have cost for studio time to do the same kind of thing in the professional world.

I am looking forward to doing some real recording with Steve in the future and making some High Quality LOW Fidelity recordings at the Boat Shop Music Studio.

By the way I am wondering if for future recordings, I will have to credit the black rat snake,
(about 4' long) that seems to have taken up residence in the studio.  I'm thinking "Assistant Producer".  Actually I am hoping that playing loud, especially on the drum kit, will convince him to move on for the season.  Otherwise I may have to create a new logo for the label including him, or her, on it.

July 12 at Bunbury's Cafe, in Piedmont, NY
Steve Kelman, and that's me in the back.
(Photo, L Rodgers)
My album "Summer Sessions 2018"  available at,  https://richardamaldonado.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Well things have come a little ways from where they were.  I am now using the studio for my daily sessions, but still doing construction wo...