Saturday, October 27, 2018


     Here is the playlist of songs from my CD, and Album Artwork.


  1. You&Me
  2. Sleepy Head
  3. Take, a climber’s song
  4. The Last Reef
  5. Missing Parts
  6. Around Town
  7. Second Hand Heart
  8. Dreaming of Yesterday
  9. Heart at Sea
    10. Going My Way
    11. Sweet Retribution
    12. MoonFlower Waltz
    13. Another Season, Alley’s song
    14. Casting Shadows, a song for Gretel
    15. The Moments
All songs property of Richard A Maldonado, copyright 2018. Cover art, “Eye”, digitized watercolor, Richard A Maldonado, 2018.  It takes inspiration from Tibetan Sand Mandalas, and the Great Rose Window of the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, in NYC, where I was lucky enough to work for about a quarter century.
     So, yes, it's 15 original songs, all of which I played at the farmer's markets each week of this summer.  I think it's a pretty good cross section of the songs that I create.  I do have some work that is a bit darker, or grittier, or more experimental, and a handful of instrumentals that were the first things I wrote, but this selection seems like a good mix.
     Because of various computers dying on me, and my lack of enthusiasm for the work of backing up the digital documentation, I have lost some of those early Instrumental pieces, and my aging brain can only retain so much, it seems.
But I have found recordings of a handful of pieces from that era of music creating, and I hope to go back and revisit this work during the winter when I should be able to give it more time.
    I may take what instrumentals I do have recorded and put them together as a small album.  The organizing of elements to create an "album" is fun, though a bit tedious at times.  Just picking the artwork to be the visual signature for a collection of songs is really interesting.  I'm committed to making all the art mine, from the music, to the recording, to the cover art, and texts.
    Like the farmers markets I play at, and the local food sold there, I like my music to also be a local, small scale, and sustainable.  I like the Low and No pressure approach to marketing, which for me is basically, not marketing my work.  The creation of this CD came from being asked if my music was available.  So now it is.
     The best way to get a copy is to come by the markets and here me play and sing.  Try it before you buy it.  Maybe don't buy it, and instead just come to the market, buy some good food, have a cup of tea or coffee and a nosh, and enjoy some live, local music while you mix with your local community.
    I will be, slowly, maybe one song per blog entry, posting some info on the songs of this album, maybe even lyrics, for those who might be interested.  Until then.
Peace


Nyack farmers Market, Thursdays 9am-10am (market,8a-2pm)
      https://www.instagram.com/nyackfarmersmarket/?hl=en
        https://www.nyackchamber.org/nyack-farmers-market/

Haverstraw Market, Sundays 10am-1pm (market, 9am-1pm) come and play and sing along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Well things have come a little ways from where they were.  I am now using the studio for my daily sessions, but still doing construction wo...