Friday, October 26, 2018

About 7 years ago, or maybe 40 years ago.......

About 7 years ago I started on an adventure, experiment, journey, education, and, or, a dare to myself, to learn to play guitar.

No, big deal really, lots of people do it.  I knew of people who had instruments, and some took lessons, some just dusted them off every so often.

I wanted to learn to play because I have enjoyed music since I was a child, but never had the discipline to study music, not really.  At this age, I'm 55 now, discipline and patience, and even tenacity are much more available to me than in my youth.

The paradox is that I feel I need less of these qualities because learning something new is just more fun now, and solving puzzles is something my mind loves.  I just prefer large puzzles that exist in the world, rather than on a dining room table or in a newspaper.

So, one day at a time, I've spent a few years learning day by day, note by note.  I'm still learning everyday.  But now I have the accumulated knowledge and experience of many, many days.  It's even more fun now.

"Summer Session 2018"

This CD is a collection of some of the songs that I wrote and then play at the local summer farmers markets, twice a week.

I hope to put up what would have been the liner notes for the album soon.

Peace,
R


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Well things have come a little ways from where they were.  I am now using the studio for my daily sessions, but still doing construction wo...