Sunday, October 28, 2018

Beta Version, Summer Session 2018

Original album "artwork"
Only a few of those got released into the wild.
CD's as a medium are kind of fun.  If I was a wealthy man I might do what Jack White (White Stripes, Third Man Records,...) has done and just start pressing vinyl.  How cool would that be?  But then, how cool is Jack White.
   The CD is a medium that is actually accessible to me and though it is digital, it still has a tangible presence, and needs to be treated with a little bit of care.  It's an actual thing, and I like that.
   I recently came across a composer who was avoiding the whole physical recording aspect and was going to sell his music solely thru digital downloads.  I get it, it requires much less resource, such as money or material to make the item.  But there is something about having the little disc in my hand that makes me really happy.
   I happen to find the blank CD's that are stamped to look like little vinyl records.  I love 'em.  Only wish they left more room on the label for personalizing.
   The creation of an "album" is a whole different thing than the creation of a song, or piece of music, but it is a bit of fun as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Well things have come a little ways from where they were.  I am now using the studio for my daily sessions, but still doing construction wo...