Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Muse


muse1
/myo͞oz/
noun
  1. 1. 
    (in Greek and Roman mythology) each of nine goddesses, the daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, who preside over the arts and sciences.

    2. 
    a person or personified force who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist.

    Is it a real thing?  I suppose that if you think it is, then it is.  Many artists truly believe in the idea.  Some believe that the art they make doesn't come from them as much as it comes thru them.  If you've ever had a creative moment when things "flow", you might recognize this idea.  

    It happens in other endeavors as well, I've known "flow" in many aspects of my life.  But a muse is a bit different.

    When one thing, or person, or setting, drives creativity, brings inspiration like a current, or undertow, a sensed, purposeful motivation drives creativity, this could be called, a muse.

    Some times the muse is a very temporary inspiration.  Like a surfer on a wave, it can be ridden and enjoyed while it lasts, and then the work of paddling back to wait, ready for the next set.  Some times the water is flat calm.

    This is what song writing has been like for me so far.  Sometimes the inspiration is self generated, but it is more often from outside myself.

    Like the surfer, I just enjoy the ride. Creativity becomes a way of living, a philosophy, a path.🏄🎶

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Well things have come a little ways from where they were.  I am now using the studio for my daily sessions, but still doing construction wo...