Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Morning Sessions, Vol. #1

I'm thinking that I will try and start posting some recordings of songs here, one at a time.  I will include lyrics and a few thoughts about the song.  I hope you enjoy them.
These will keep in the philosophy of BSMS, and be low fidelity, friendly and accessible recordings.



"Sleepy Head", is a song I wrote about my son, as well as my dog, and my wife.  It is a reflection of those moments when I would catch one of them, still in bed, deeply sleeping, dreaming, deeply breathing.  They seemed so comfortable and secure and I felt so glad to watch over them.  So, I guess you could say it is a love song.

"Sleepy Head"
SLEEPY HEAD

Get up in the Morning Before sunrise
I like to watch the light as it brightens up the sky
Maple syrup in my coffee but I don't take cream
like to drink it slowly as I watch the morning scene

I sit and listen for that first bird to sing
waiting on the squirrels to do their morning squirrel thing
everybody's eager to start the new day
finding food, f-i-nd-ing lo-ve finding their own way

(chorus)
Your still sleeping warm inside your bed
your still dreaming pillow on your head
hiding from the light hiding from the day
you'd never leave your bed if you could have your way
My little sleepy head,  My little sleepy head


I stand by your bed long after sunrise
just to watch you breathing before you open up your eyes
I wonder if your dreams they take you far away
maybe in your dreams it's the middle of your day

What will you remember after you rise
if I told you what I'm thinking, whispered that I loved you
would you open up your eyes

Your still sleeping warm inside your bed
your still dreaming pillow on your head
hiding from the light hiding from the day
you'd never leave your bed if you could have your way
My little sleepy head,  My little sleepy head

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Well things have come a little ways from where they were.  I am now using the studio for my daily sessions, but still doing construction wo...