Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Michael Evans and Susan Hefner at Mudlark, 2013
https://youtu.be/TiUCMmo_Df0

    

 It's been a year and a day since we lost a lovely spirit, musician, chef, and a mentor...  My time with him was quite brief, if you add up all the minutes, but his words and actions and manner are a part of my life to this very day, to this very moment.

    Some people are jus fearless in the way they go at art.  He was one of those people.  There is a bravery in his creation, and thus his life, that I have never been able to rise to, though I have been trying all my life.  Maybe that is the key, I have been trying to be brave in life and art, and he just was.

    He gave me some of the best advice about performing my music.   His words now always come into my mind and then are followed by the voice of Bob Dylan, echoing the sentiment but with a different phrase.

    As with most thoughts, ideas, theories, philosophies, I have to digest the words and then regurgitate them in my own unique way.  I suppose that is actually part of what I got from "The Bob" and from Michael.

    I have to know my song well before I sing it(B. Dylan), I am only nervous playing my music for others if I don't know it well enough(M. Evans), Ya got to give yourself the shivers before you can give'm to someone else(J. Cragie), I need to own my music (Various voices).

    I think that Michael's impact and music still vibrates thru the universe.  I feel it. ☮

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Well things have come a little ways from where they were.  I am now using the studio for my daily sessions, but still doing construction wo...