Thursday, May 7, 2020

Studio, cold, but open

It is the age of isolation, kind of.  With the virus, and the fear of spreading it keeping us all away from each other this seems a great time for artists to focus.  Be inspired and create.  I think that in actuality many people are suffering from the stress and confusion of the situation.  This is were the therapy of creative effort can really help.
I have opened the studio back up for the season.  It's still chilly in the morning, so not much in the way of recording.  I'd rather just sit out on the deck, in the warm sun and sing and play for the birds and chipmunks in the morning, and come into the studio after it has warmed up.  I can't seemed to be bothered to light the wood stove and heat the place up that way.
Letting go of the weekly performing that I did for over 2 years has been an adjustment, but not such a bad thing.  In this sense, the virus and isolation has actually removed a bit of stress for me.  I was always concerned about trying to be in my best form for the people who would hear me play.  Now, I don't worry what the birds think, they are pretty kind and forgiving.
So, it's just me and the music.  I have not got any closer to recording the new albums. Maybe this summer.
In the mean time crude videos of me doing some of the songs are going up on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp3ikM13RTRJs0-KJRINriw?view_as=subscriber
and I am putting the Summer Sessions 2018 album up on Soundcloud.com , one track at a time.
https://soundcloud.com/ramaldonadobsms-4986569/tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Well things have come a little ways from where they were.  I am now using the studio for my daily sessions, but still doing construction wo...